We hope you are taking every precaution to protect yourself from the coronavirus. The office may be closed but we are working hard behind the scenes to ensure you have access to our care and to be informed about important things you need to know to stay healthy.
Today we are introducing a brand new service at Hopkins Medical Group called Telemedicine.
We’re all in this together. Let’s all stay healthy.
Here’s how it works…
Telemedicine visit with Hopkins Medical Group healthcare professionals.
Need to ask your practitioner a question? Want to review test results or your plan of care? Need nutrition or supplement advice? Hopkins Medical Group now offers you the option to schedule a 30 minute Telemedicine visit with your practitioner with the ease of your computer or smartphone.
If you feel your symptoms warrant COVID-19 testing you must as a first step schedule a Telemedicine visit with one of our nurse practitioners or doctors by following this link. COVID-19 tests are now available at three sites: Carney Hospital, Cape Cod Hospital and Union Point/Weymouth. If testing seems appropriate, the practitioner will instruct you on how to proceed in the testing process.
Here’s what you need to know:
Schedule a Telemedicine appointment: (30 minutes in length)
- Follow this link to MINDBODY – an online scheduling system.
- Select the provider you want to speak with. Pick a day and time that works for you.
- Create an Account.
- Enter your credit card information. There is a non-refundable service fee for the appointment: $25 for members of Hopkins Medical Group and $40 for non-members. Your insurance will be billed for appointments with a nurse practitioner or medical doctor. There is no insurance billing for appointments with Leslie Frodema, RN regarding nutritional advice and management of supplements. Since billing insurance for Telephone Encounters was just approved by Governor Baker a few days ago, we do not yet know if copays or deductibles will apply.
- The service fee will be credited for appointments that require a copay for insurance.
- If you are not a member of our Genius of Wellness program at Hopkins Medical Group and wish to join now, please follow this link.
After successfully scheduling your Telemedicine appointment please look in your email for:
- An appointment confirmation from MINDBODY.
- A Zoom meeting link from Hopkins Medical Group to access your telephone visit – please use the link for the appropriate clinician you’ve scheduled your appointment with.
Please plan to arrive at your appointment at least 15 minutes before the actual appointment time. Give yourself extra time to get comfortable using Zoom. There is a virtual waiting room you can wait in and the clinician will be able to see you are there.
Prepare for your appointment:
A little pre-work will ensure that you get the most out of your appointment time. Please have written down the following information:
- Your blood pressure; heart rate; temperature and weight
- If possible, your oxygen saturation (if you have an O2 saturation finger monitor)
- Your current medications
- Any supplements you are taking
- The specific questions you would like to discuss to ensure we cover all the important points during the call
15 minutes before your appointment:
- Click on the Zoom meeting link that was sent to you by Hopkins Medical Group.
- Make sure your camera is on and your volume is turned up.
- The clinician will be able to see that you are in the waiting room. Relax and enjoy your brief wait.
- Make sure you have all the information you prepared in front of you.
Coronavirus: A message from Hopkins Medical Group
As a precaution, as of March 15, 2020 our office will be closed for two weeks as part of an effort to stem the spread of coronavirus and protect our patients, many of whom are either older, are receiving immunosuppressive treatment, or both. We do not know of any confirmed cases of coronavirus that have reached our office.
Here are some things we would like you to know:
- All appointments will be rescheduled to a later time. A staff member will contact you to reschedule (please do not call the office for this purpose).
- If you are experiencing any viral symptoms (e.g., aches and pains, elevated temperature, dry cough, fatigue) please remain at home.
- If you feel your symptoms require immediate medical attention, please go to an Emergency Room.
For urgent questions you may call the office at 617-773-9198. You will speak with our receptionist who can reach me or your nurse practitioner if necessary. There will be no doctors or nurse practitioners in the office.
Mass General Hospital has an excellent summary of frequently asked questions regarding the COVID-19 virus including how to best protect yourself and your family should you wish to read more https://www.massgeneral.org/news/article/coronavirus-news-and-information
Thank you for your understanding and patience through this challenging time as we strive to provide care for you. our valued patients, while limiting the spread of the coronavirus.
Let’s all stay healthy –
The Genius of Wellness Podcast: Where doctors pull back the curtain on the healthcare industry and offer fresh insights, motivation and a dose of humor to help us reclaim, regain and restore our health.
Detox is a hot topic but what does it really mean to detoxify the body and how can you safely do it? Come learn how the body naturally detoxifies itself every day, what you can do to simply and easily optimize detox in your body, your mind and your home environment. Register here:
Hopkins Medical Group
Here at Hopkins Medical Group we believe that every patient is a unique gift who invites us into their journey to wellness. Our doctors and medical staff are inspired every day by the opportunity to share their knowledge with patients. Our group is always learning and discovering new approaches to help patients towards better health. Learn more about the fantastic treatment team at Hopkins Medical Group.
We Treat The Whole Patient
Comprehensive exams; screenings and wellness assessments
Expert care to get the right diagnosis
Focus on “root cause” of health problems
Lecture series; shared visits and patient library
Discounts on supplements, ZO skin products; aesthetic services
New Patient Request
New patients may request an appointment by email or phone. Existing patients please call the office to schedule an appointment.
Hopkins Medical Group
571 Main St
Weymouth, MA, 02190