Will my insurance be billed for the visit?
Yes. Your insurance will be billed for any Telemedicine visit with Dr. Hopkins, Dr. Roberts or our nurse practitioners.
If you are scheduling your initial 90 minute Functional Medicine/Nutrition consultation with Leslie Frodema, RN there is a one-time, out-of-pocket fee of $175 for members and $250 for non-members. Your MINDBODY appointment scheduling fee will be applied toward the consult fee. Visit our plans page to become a member.
Will the MINDBODY fee be applied to any copay or deductible I may be charged by my insurance?
If you are a member of Hopkins Medical Group, the $25 fee you paid to MINDBODY to schedule a Telemedicine visit will be applied toward any copay or deductible that may result from the Telemedicine visit. If you are not a member, the $40 fee will not be applied. Visit our plans page to become a member.
What type of appointments can I schedule on Telemedicine?
- Current Hopkins Medical Group Patients: Follow-up appointments are for patients who have already been seen by a practitioner at Hopkins Medical Group at least once. Follow-up visits can address a wide range of issues. Examples include:
- review lab work
- discuss your medications
- get advice on symptoms you are experiencing regarding a new or chronic condition
- discuss your plan of care
- New Patients: If you’d like to book an initial visit with Hopkins Medical Group you can do this as a Telemedicine online video visit. Please contact our office at 617-773-9198 to make this type of appointment.
Is there anything I need to do prior to my Telemedicine visit?
Yes. To make the most efficient use of the time with your practitioner please:
- Click on the Zoom link you received at least 15 minutes before your appointment to make sure you are able to access the waiting room. You may be prompted to simply download software but the link also works from your browser. If you would like to download the app to help facilitate the process go to Zoom.us/download.
- Take your vital signs if you have home monitoring devices such as a blood pressure cuff, heart rate and pulse oximeter. If not, please take your temperature and weight. If you are diabetic, please have your daily blood sugar numbers available.
- Have your list of medications and supplements written down.
- Write down the questions you have for your practitioner.