Yes. Your insurance will be billed for any Telemedicine visit. If you are scheduling your initial 90 minute Functional Medicine/Nutrition consultation there is a one-time, out-of-pocket fee of $175 for members and $250 for non-members. Your appointment scheduling fee on our app will be applied toward the consult fee. Visit our membership page to explore additional benefits.
A New Approach to Healthcare
Telemedicine appointments, or online video calls with your health care provider, are changing the way we understand the patient-doctor experience. This cost-effective, time-saving method allows you to do many of the same things you could accomplish in a doctor's office, but from the comfort of your own home.
What kind of appointments work best with Telemedicine?
- Lab Work Reviews
- Medication Discussions
- Symptoms Analysis
- Chronic Condition Management
- New Patient Consultation
- General Health Planning
Telemedicine Frequently Asked Questions
Current Hopkins Medical Group Patients: Follow-up appointments are for patients who have already been seen by a practitioner at Hopkins Medical Group at least once. Follow-up visits can address a wide range of issues. Examples include:
- review lab work
- discuss your medications
- get advice on symptoms you are experiencing regarding a new or chronic condition
- discuss your plan of care
New Patients: New patient inquiries can be made by calling our office at 617-773-9198. Initial new patient appointments are in-office only.
Yes. To make the most efficient use of the time with your practitioner please:
- Click on the Zoom link you received at least 15 minutes before your appointment to make sure you are able to access the waiting room. You may be prompted to simply download software but the link also works from your browser. If you would like to download the app to help facilitate the process go to Zoom.us/download.
- Take your vital signs if you have home monitoring devices such as a blood pressure cuff, heart rate and pulse oximeter. If not, please take your temperature and weight. If you are diabetic, please have your daily blood sugar numbers available.
- Have your list of medications and supplements written down.
- Write down the questions you have for your practitioner.