Hopkins Medical Group requires that each patient who would like to receive care to become a member of the practice effective October 1, 2018.
We have formed a membership-based practice in which each patient pays a small amount of money per month in order to provide the additional benefits we feel are required for optimal care. We will continue to bill your insurance for office visits.
- Longer appointment times. It takes more time to understand why you are experiencing a particular symptom vs. simply writing a prescription. We seek to identify and treat the underlying cause of your health problem.
- Genius of Wellness 360 Program. This program provides highly individualized, functional medicine based evaluations to help identify the nutrient deficiencies, environmental toxicities and lifestyle factors that are contributing to your illness and how to help get you better using a comprehensive array of interventions.
- On-site infusion suite to administer nutrient therapies.
- In-between office visit support through the Twine Health app which provides a customized action plan to help keep you on track.
- Access to Telemedicine visits with our practitioners at your convenience.
- Monthly “Town Meetings” in our practice one evening per month to provide education on a wide range of health topics.
- An educational blog updated weekly.
- A “members only” resource center on our website that gives 24/7 access to recipes, articles, and links to videos worth watching.
- The highest quality supplements at a discounted price.
- Access to our vetted referral network of wholistic practitioners to provide supportive therapies such as acupuncture, massage, lymph drainage and so forth.
Who is required to be a member?
Membership is required for anyone who wishes to receive primary care or rheumatology services. Membership allows us to offer the wide array of benefits that a Functional Medicine based practice needs to provide in order to determine the root cause of illness and take a wholistic approach to healing.
How do I become a member?
Follow this secure online payment system to become a member.
If I am already a patient of Hopkins Medical Group will I be required to become a member?
Yes. As of October 1, 2018, any person whether new to the practice or a long-time established patient will need to become a member to receive care.
If I am a new patient of Hopkins Medical Group when will my membership payment begin?
A new patient will begin to pay a membership fee the month they have their initial appointment.
Why has Dr. Hopkins changed her practice to require membership?
Our goal is to be able to spend more time with patients to identify and address the underlying cause of their health problems. We believe high-quality care is not only diagnosing a problem but also working with you to identify the root cause, discuss all treatment options including nutrition, herbs and supplements and mind-body practices. This approach takes more time and is not fully covered by insurance.
What is the cost of membership?
The cost is $20 per person per month. There is also the option to pay the full amount once a year and receive a discounted annual membership fee of $199. The cost is per person so if you and a family member are both patients of our practice you would both pay the $20 per month.
How do I pay?
Once you register through our secure payment system, your credit card will be billed either once a month or once a year depending on the option you choose.
Can I use my HSA or FSA to pay for my membership?
Since each plan has different rules, please contact your plan administrator to see if this is an approved expense for you.
Will I still have copays and deductibles?
Yes. The membership fee is paid to Hopkins Medical Group and is completely separate from your insurance. We will bill your insurance for your office visit and any copays, deductibles, or out-of-pocket expenses that your insurance may require still apply.
What Insurance plans do you accept?
We accept most insurance plans from the following carriers. If you are part of MassHealth or Neighborhood Health Plan please contact our office directly to confirm coverage:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield
- HMO Blue
- Harvard Pilgrim
- United Health Care
We are sorry, but, we DO NOT ACCEPT Mass Health as a primary care provider or Medicaid Plans within the Health Connector.
Please keep in mind that it is your responsibility to contact your insurer prior to your appointment to find out whether we are contracted providers, whether you require a referral, what your deductible may be, etc.